Monday, April 28, 2008

A Little Organic Info

Check out for further information...

"Organic produce and other ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, genetically modified organisms or ionizing radiation. Animals that produce meat, poultry, eggs and dairy do not take antibiotics or growth hormones." All organic farms and the plants that produce organic products are inspected and certified organic, these inspections are scheduled and random. They must also have strict record keeping. You do need to be careful though, something labeled Organic will only have 95% organic ingredients. It must be labeled 100% Organic. A product labeled "made with organic ingredients" will have a minimum of 70% organic ingredients, with the remaining 30% being strictly restricted to ingredients that do not contain genetically modified organisms (GMO's). Any product that has less than 70% organic ingredients can list these on the side label but can not claim to be organic on the front package.

No comments:

Google Search