Thursday, May 29, 2008
Boudreaux's Butt Paste
I thought that this diaper rash cream was great. And I love the name! It is used to treat and prevent diaper rash. Out of all the other creams I tried, this was the easiest to clean off your fingers. Just wiping the excess onto your babies diaper did the trick and did not leave your finger full of goo. The scent was also very pleasing. I am still using it and my baby is diaper rash free! It seems to block wetness and stays strong. Several other creams seemed to lose their power if you didn't change baby's diaper ASAP! This comes in many, many convenient sizes-including one time use travel sizes and is pretty reasonably priced. You can buy a 1 oz tube for about $2.99 at most drug or grocery stores. It clearly states on the packages that it was once only used for diaper rash and has now started to be used by bikers, truckers and hikers to prevent chaffing and to guard against wetness. I can tell you that this is very true. My husband is in school and on the side he waits tables. It took a lot of coaxing, but he finally agreed to try it-you know where...Needless to say, he is still using it. Check out the website! If you would like a free sample, send a 6 x 9 self addressed stamped envelope ($1.34) to Boudreaux's Butt Paste
1600 Brian Drive
Columbus IN 47201
I would definitely rate this the #1 diaper rash cream to use if you are trying to heal stubborn diaper rash. It is medicated and used to only be available from your pediatrician or from hospitals. Now you can find it most drug/grocery stores. It is also used to prevent your baby from getting diaper rash but is a little pricey and I found that if there is no rash, the others work just fine. It is around $10 for a 2oz tube. I can not stress enough, if your baby has diaper rash this is the best to use to get rid of it! My baby had the worst diaper rash I had ever seen and I tried all the other creams, which worked pretty well to prevent but not to treat. Triple Paste cleared it up in about 2 days.
Aveeno & Earth's Best
I am all about natural and organic. However, in this case, I would definitely choose the others. I do like both of these because they are fragrance free and hypoallergenic. Which is a huge plus when you have baby with sensitive skin. Both worked just fine. However, neither washed off very well and seemed to lose their power as time went on. The Earth's Best became very, very watery in the tube. They are moderately priced, between $5 & $8 for about a 4 oz tube. I am not saying these aren't good products, however, I would recommend the previous two creams before these two.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
This kit has it all! It includes a comb, brush, nail clippers, emery boards, a nasal aspirator, digital thermometer, a medicine spoon & dropper, alcohol swabs and an emergency info card-all together in a great little hard case. The case holds everything in its own little compartment and is very easy to open and close.
I found the Baby's Health & Grooming Kit to be very helpful.
1. I love the comb because it has a big handle and is easy to hold. Most combs I find for baby are so tiny that I have a hard time holding it. It was great to get the tangles out of the hair on the back of Grayce's head, since she rolls around and creates what my mom calls "cotton candy" hair.
2. The brush was great to smooth down any fly aways and seemed to make Grayce's hair super silky and smooth.
3. The nail clippers were great too. I am not a big fan of the safety clippers for baby because you really can not see what you are doing. I have been using plain old clippers until I got the Baby's Health & Grooming Kit by Summer Infant. The act as regular clippers, you can actually see what you are doing. But they also have larger "handles" so big adult fingers can hold them easily. I have never had a problem with these clippers clipping too close or cutting babies skin.
4. I was not a big fan of the emery boards. They worked great on my finger nails though! They were a little too rough for Grayce's tiny, thin nails. I think the idea of emery boards is great, sometimes babies nails are too short to cut but still sharp. However, these did not work so well.
5. I found the nasal aspirator to be a little too big for Grayce's nostrils. However, when she gets older I really think this will be great to have.
6. The digital thermometer worked really well. I found it to be really accurate and very easy to use.
7. I loved the medicine spoon and dropper. Even though most medicines come with these things, using your own makes it much easier to wash. I found the measurements to be very accurate. The dropper works great and when your baby is old enough for spoons, it was easy to use and did not get medicine all over the place.
8. Summer Infant included in this kit alcohol swabs. I never had to use them but they would definitely come in handy when you need to clean a cut or something. Doctor's go both ways on this, when Grayce was born they told me to use alcohol swabs to clean her belly button, my friends doctor told her not to. So, whatever you decide to do, if you need the alcohol swabs, you have them right in your Baby's Health & Grooming Kit.
9. Finally, your kit includes an emergency info card, which everyone could use. It included spots for all the important information. I would not keep it in the kit but probably put it on my fridge or some place else that was more accessible.
I would definitely recommend Baby's Health & Grooming Kit by Summer Infant.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Bottom line, check it out and if you have a chance to attend an upcoming Green Festival, definitely go!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Grayce is the love of my life! As much as I don't want to wake up at the crack of dawn, I don't want my husband to go get her out of her crib, because I want to be the first thing she sees in the morning. And I can't wait to see that big gummy smile as I peer over the crib. The excitement she experiences is unparalleled. If only we could all get so excited when we see a bird wandering through our yard.
My husband and I know how blessed we are and hope that others know how blessed they are with their little one.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Here is the link...
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Infantino has come up with the best of the two products! It is a 2 in1 Shopping Cart/Highchair Cover. I have been using this product for about a month now and I love it. Several Moms from my discussion group have similiar ones that are a different brand and are made of plastic. They are envious of my plush, stylish cover! Until I think of a better format, I think I will stick with the pros and cons way of reviewing products. I only found 1 con to this cover and a ton of pros, these are listed below...
1. The Infantino 2 in 1 Shopping Cart/Highchair Cover is a little bulky and hard to fit in a diaper bag.
1. Everyone loves 2 in 1! It has duel purposes in one handy cover. You can use it to cover shopping cart seats and to cover highchairs. It even stretches over the entire seat!
2. It provides superior protection from dirt and grime. It has Microban protection, which inhibits the growth of odor causing bacteria.
3. It is so soft and comfy! The padding provides protection against sharp edges on highchairs and carts.
4. It has large pockets to hold just about anything you need it to. Put a bottle in it, your cell phone, car keys or some snacks!
5. There are several loops attached that you can hang toys from. Every child loves to play with stuff, why not fill your shopping trip with smiles and giggles rather than frowns and screams!
6. This is great, it is machine washable! Let your child get food or drool on it, that is okay! Throw it in the wash and it is as good as new!
7. I love the design. There are so many to choose from. Of course they have the "kid" themed covers with circus animals and fish, but they also have the stylish, more adult looking covers. I have a very stylish cover-it is tan with cream, grey and light blue cirles with fun stenciled looking flowers.
8. And of course, you can't forget the price...it is very inexpensive! Depending on the type you choose, you can get one for around $29.99. Who can beat that? What a great price.
This Infantino 2 in 1 Shopping Cart/Highchair Cover is definitely worth buying. I think this would be a great gift for new moms (or dads)!
Monday, May 12, 2008
I recently received an infant carrier from Baby Bjorn-the model is called Synergy. I have been using it for about a month now and I really like it, Grayce seems to like it too!
I found several pros to this item with only a few cons.
It is very pricey, retailing for $159.99. However, if you are out and about a lot, it is definitely worth the price!
It comes in black and white. I received the white version of it and I think that the color is just not practical. It is washable though. I would like to see a larger variety of colors.
My husband and I both found it extremely difficult to figure out how to put it on and fasten all the straps correctly. It took us about a half hour trying to figure it out. It does come with insturctions, however, they are not very easy to follow. Once we figured it out, every time got easier.
This carrier is breathable! It is made of a soft, breathable 3D mesh. My baby never seemed to get hot and uncomfortable in it. The same goes for me, usually with these type of carriers you get hot and sweaty and all around uncomfortable. Not with the Baby Bjorn Synergy! We both stayed cool, even as we were walking or just doing housework.
There is a lower back support attached to this carrier as well as padded shoulder straps. I felt that it did provide maximum support for me while carrying my 15lb baby-you can carry up to 26lbs in Baby Bjorn Synergy carrier! My shoulders never hurt while using this carrier, even after our 2 hour walks through the forest.
It is extremely adjustable. It was very easy to switch users. My husband and I both used this carrier and never had a problem with the fit.
I thought one of the best features was that the front is removable. It is very easy to put baby in and take out. If your baby falls asleep while in this carrier, you can simply remove the front and ease her into her crib or car seat without having to lift her up and wake her.
Of course, a great feature to this was that it is machine washable. With it being white, we washed it a lot. It never lost its shape and did not shrink. It did not become dingy either.
Overall, this is a great product. Easy to travel with and great for you and baby to stay close while still being active. I would recommend Baby Bjorn Synergy Carrier and will definitely be sharing it with my friends!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
There is no need to worry about washing your kitchen floor and having your baby crawl around on it, then put her fingers in her mouth and get sick from the chemicals. There are no chemicals, no dyes, no pollutants and is VOC free. There is no reason to worry when you clean your windows that your baby is breathing in chemicals that are hurting her lungs and affecting her breathing. These products are completely safe.
Looking to go green and become healthier? Take the first step and purchase these products! An added bonus, they do not test on animals! Wow, this company and its products receive an A+ in my book.