Thursday, May 29, 2008

Diaper Rash Creams

I have several diaper rash creams to discuss. Boy, I bet everyone is super excited!

Boudreaux's Butt Paste

I thought that this diaper rash cream was great. And I love the name! It is used to treat and prevent diaper rash. Out of all the other creams I tried, this was the easiest to clean off your fingers. Just wiping the excess onto your babies diaper did the trick and did not leave your finger full of goo. The scent was also very pleasing. I am still using it and my baby is diaper rash free! It seems to block wetness and stays strong. Several other creams seemed to lose their power if you didn't change baby's diaper ASAP! This comes in many, many convenient sizes-including one time use travel sizes and is pretty reasonably priced. You can buy a 1 oz tube for about $2.99 at most drug or grocery stores. It clearly states on the packages that it was once only used for diaper rash and has now started to be used by bikers, truckers and hikers to prevent chaffing and to guard against wetness. I can tell you that this is very true. My husband is in school and on the side he waits tables. It took a lot of coaxing, but he finally agreed to try it-you know where...Needless to say, he is still using it. Check out the website! If you would like a free sample, send a 6 x 9 self addressed stamped envelope ($1.34) to Boudreaux's Butt Paste
1600 Brian Drive
Columbus IN 47201

Triple Paste

I would definitely rate this the #1 diaper rash cream to use if you are trying to heal stubborn diaper rash. It is medicated and used to only be available from your pediatrician or from hospitals. Now you can find it most drug/grocery stores. It is also used to prevent your baby from getting diaper rash but is a little pricey and I found that if there is no rash, the others work just fine. It is around $10 for a 2oz tube. I can not stress enough, if your baby has diaper rash this is the best to use to get rid of it! My baby had the worst diaper rash I had ever seen and I tried all the other creams, which worked pretty well to prevent but not to treat. Triple Paste cleared it up in about 2 days.

Aveeno & Earth's Best

I am all about natural and organic. However, in this case, I would definitely choose the others. I do like both of these because they are fragrance free and hypoallergenic. Which is a huge plus when you have baby with sensitive skin. Both worked just fine. However, neither washed off very well and seemed to lose their power as time went on. The Earth's Best became very, very watery in the tube. They are moderately priced, between $5 & $8 for about a 4 oz tube. I am not saying these aren't good products, however, I would recommend the previous two creams before these two.

No comments:

Google Search

Google